Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Peroxide and Poop

3 years ago when I was dreaming of becoming a mother I had no idea that poop would become such a large part of my life. It started immediately when my daughter was born and I was worried that she wasn’t pooping enough. Then I worried about how her poop looked.

I moved on to worrying about if she would blow out her diaper or if I had poop on me after I changed a “blow out”. The dinner conversation at times was whether or not she had a poopy diaper. I have cleaned poop from many places including the bathtub, the sink and her shoes. The latest poop predicament I was in was how to get poop out of the carpet.

I was in this predicament several weeks ago. My daughter had an upset stomach and therefore was having a hard potty training day. You know what happens to your poop when you have an upset stomach….I feel I need not say more.

Well, as she was on her way to the potty she could no longer hold it so there was liquid poop on the carpet leading from her bedroom all the way to the bathroom. I tried everything: baking soda, vinegar, spot shot, resolve carpet cleaner, you name it, nothing worked. Sure, it was able to get the stain lighter, but it wasn’t gone entirely, and it certainly didn’t smell very good. I was starting to think that I was going to have to get new carpet!

Then I took my search to the Internet and found this page at Army Wife Toddler Mom that told me to try hydrogen peroxide. I figured I had nothing to lose so I would give it a try.

IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!! It even got rid of the smell!

I have very light carpet so it didn’t do anything to the color of the carpet but if any of you try this with darker carpet let me know how it goes!

Here is a link to a page that gives more tips on what you can do with hydrogen peroxide

No comments:

Post a Comment